1688 Dropshipping refers to a business model where individuals or companies source products from the Chinese wholesale platform 1688.com and then sell those products to customers in other countries, typically with a markup in price. This model is similar to traditional dropshipping, but it specifically involves sourcing products from suppliers on 1688.com, which is a popular Chinese wholesale marketplace operated by Alibaba Group.
4 Steps to Dropship with PaulSourcing
|Send us your product requirements, expected price and purchasing quantity.|
|We source products and get them delivered to our warehouse.|
|Our team conducts necessary quality check and get products well packaged so that they are ready for shipping.|
|Buyers place orders on your online store and we ship items to your end customers.|
|Get Started Now|
Why Choose Paul Sourcing with 1688 Dropshipping?
|As a professional sourcing company based in China where the manufacturing takes place, we have a better understanding of the local market, including pricing structures, supplier capabilities, and cost-saving opportunities.|
15% Cheaper than on 1688.com
|Yes! We have extensive networks of reliable suppliers, including those that may not have a strong online presence on 1688.com. We can connect you with suitable manufacturers that offer more competitive pricing.|
Fully Customized Solutions
|Whether you’re a startup or a million-dollar seller, we have a solution for you. We can help you in product photography, private labeling, customized packaging, and branded dropshipping that other dropshipping agents may not provide.|
Hassle-free Order Fulfillment
|Whichever online store system (woocommerce, shopify, amazon, etc) you are using, our IT engineers are ready to seamlessly integrate your store with our system. This will liberate you from manually updating order status and tracking shipment.|
Step-by-Step Guides for How to Start 1688 Dropshipping
Here’s how the process typically works:
- Product Sourcing: Dropshippers search for products of interest on 1688.com, which is known for its extensive range of products at competitive prices. They identify products they believe will sell well in their target markets.
- Supplier Selection: Once a product is chosen, dropshippers select a supplier or manufacturer from 1688.com who can provide the product at a favorable price and meet quality standards. They also consider factors like shipping options and minimum order quantities.
- Setting Up an Online Store: Dropshippers create an online store, often using platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, or Amazon. They list the products they’ve sourced from 1688.com in their store.
- Customer Orders: When customers place orders in their online store, dropshippers purchase the corresponding products from their chosen 1688.com suppliers. They provide the suppliers with the customer’s shipping information.
- Shipping and Delivery: The 1688.com supplier ships the product directly to the customer’s address, often with dropshipper’s branding or packaging. The dropshipper doesn’t handle inventory or physically ship products.
- Profit Margin: The difference between the price at which the dropshipper sold the product and the price they paid to the 1688.com supplier is their profit margin. This model allows for potentially high-profit margins as the dropshipper can set their own prices.
It’s worth noting that while 1688 Dropshipping can be a lucrative business model due to the competitive pricing of products on the platform, it also comes with challenges. These challenges may include language barriers, quality control issues, longer shipping times, and the need to establish a reliable relationship with suppliers on 1688.com. Additionally, dropshippers need to consider import regulations, customs, and taxes in their target markets when selling internationally.